Indonesia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It consists of more than 13,500 islands. No wonder there are so many iconic travel destination in Indonesia that you can visit. Indonesia is located in South-East Asia. This country is one of the world’s largest populations.
The culture diversity in this country is so rich. This is where you can find lots of interesting started from remote villages, untouched waters, and ancient architecture. There are lots to explore when you pay a visit to Indonesia. Thus, you can decide which spot you will visit for your next travel plan. For your references, the followings are the list of iconic places you should visit while you have a vacation in Indonesia:
- Beaches in Bali – Bali is very famous amongst international audiences. In fact, it may be more popular than the country itself. Bali is also called as the island of Gods or Paradise islands. The nature beauty of Bali is captivating lots of international visitors. The beaches are one of the most popular sites visited by the tourists. Some of favorite beaches you should visit when you come to Bali are Kuta, Sanur, anda Nusa Dua. You can do many activities such as snorkeling, diving, surfing, or simply walking around the shore.
- Komodo National Park – If you are curious to see a dragon in real life, you must visit Komodo National Park. This is an iconic travel destination in Indonesia. Komodo is breathtaking creature but also deadly. That’s why you cannot wander around carelessly when you visit the park. This creature is magnificent yet scary. Even though Komodo dragon is the highlight of this island, you can enjoy other attractions as well. You can go snorkeling, hiking, o canoeing.
- Borobudur Temple – This is one of the world’s largest Buddhist temples located in Yogyakarta, Central Java. In fact, this temple is listed as World Heritage site by UNESCO. The architecture of the temple is beautifully raw and ancient. The temple was built using stones only so that’s why this temple is so special and remarkable. In Java, Borobudur holds a special place and even international visitors are curious to see directly the temple.
- Raja Ampat – If you are a fan of underwater scenes, Raja Ampat is the best site to visit since it is a home to one of the liveliest underwater to more than 530 coral species, 1300 fish types, as well as 700 mollusk species. This exotic place has become more and more popular since the access is nor reachable for everyone. The water is clear and the location is remote, a best place for peaceful trip.
- Lake Toba – Lake Toba is Indonesia’s largest lake. The beauty of the lake is undeniable. Besides, this lake is also twice the size of Singapore. The surrounding is just as astonishing as the lake itself with lush and hills greenery. Nearby this iconic travel destination in Indonesia, there is also a village of Batak culture that you can explore.