We live in 21st Century but there are still ancient sites which have survived for centuries. For your next travel plan, it is not a bad idea to list some ancient sites to visit. It must be quite boring to see common spots and cities every day. Thus, having different and unique view n your trip can be a great distraction and refresh your dull sight. It is not only the view that you can enjoy through the ancient sites. You will also be able to take a glimpse to humanity in the past. There are many things you can learn about how people in the past can create their own world without intervention of technology and machinery.
List of ancient sites to visit you can pick
It is true that most people are more interested in luxury vacation and doing fun activities during their trip. There are only a few who really like to visit historical or ancient sites. There are many things to gain when visiting ancient sites aside from witnessing the raw beauty of humanity. The vibe and feeling of visiting those kinds of place are priceless because even technology cannot reach the level of satisfaction. Here are several ancient sites you can include to your bucket list for your next travel plan:
- Istanbul, Turkey is the witness of great periods of history. There are many proofs of ancient humanity in this city showing through the construction by successive empires from Byzantium t Constantinople, further to modern era of Turkey. All historic cores blend naturally in the city. There are many ancient sites you can visit in Istanbul such as Hagia Sophia.
- Cairo, Egypt is undeniably beautiful city to begin with. This is one of the cities where the earliest of humanity can be found. It is shown by the existence of several ancient sites to visit such as the infamous Pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, and many more. Not to mention that the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities has collection of the earliest inhabitants of Nile.
- Kyoto, Japan is also one of the ancient cities you can pick as your next travel destination. Everyone knows that Japan is a big fan of modern technology. However, this city is a place where the old tradition of Japanese is preserved. In this city, you can find and visit more than 1,000 Buddhist temples as well as Shinto shrines.
- Athens, Greece is one of the most ancient cities in the world. Athens traces its origin back in 5,000 years. In this city, you can feel the vibe of Athenians daily life along with the art galleries. You can also enjoy the ruins of classical Greece which are still stunning.
- Borobudur, Indonesia is one of the most ancient sites to visit. This is the ninth-century Buddhist temple complex. The temples were completed in early 800s but have been layered by volcanic ash for centuries. The artworks of humanity in the past still remain intact in this temple complex.