The idea of spending your vacation in overwater bungalow is not bad at all. In fact, it is refreshing since it is a rare experience. Instead of staying at hotel just like usual, trying to stay at overwater bungalow can help you refresh your vacation vibe. Besides, this type of bungalow has become a trend in these recent years. Lots of people are getting interested to be able to stay at one of the units so they can really feel the vibe. Bungalow is a standalone unit usually built over the water. It can be beaches on an island. If you consider this type of accommodation then you might as well planning it immediately.
Things to know about overwater bungalow for vacation
For your information, overwater bungalow has become a trend because it is quite rare. There are no many overwater bungalows around the world. It is not easy to build this type of accommodation especially when it is built overwater. Many of them are located in distant destinations or secluded areas. Besides, the budget to build this type of bungalow is much more expensive than regular hotel. The price rent is automatically more expensive as well but it doesn’t stop people for trying to stay at overwater bungalow during their vacation. Here are other things you need to know about it:
- The number of overwater bungalows around the world is not that many. Indeed, it is quite rare since only less than 200 units are available in the world. Most of them are located in Maldives though. It is one of the most sought destinations for any type of vacation either romantic or luxury vacation.
- Most of overwater bungalows are for adults only. It is because the setting is already built for romantic vacation vibe instead of family vacation. Besides, it is always not safe for kids like toddlers to crawl around the area because they can easily slip into the water. Therefore, this type of accommodations is more suitable and safe for adults.
- As mentioned earlier that the price of renting overwater bungalow is more expensive than booking a hotel room. The price is in range $1000 to $4000 per night. Of course there is budget-priced bungalow that you can rent with only $150. However, you must search through it a little harder since it is quite rare.
- You may imagine overwater bungalow has pleasant air surrounded your room. However, you still need air conditioning to stay cool. The humidity is quite intense so that is why overwater bungalow with air conditioning is preferable.
- Just because it is built overwater, it doesn’t mean your room is floating. The units are actually secured on stilts driven into the sea bed. Thus, they won’t get carried away by the waves. Thus, you don’t have to worry about your safety during your stay at overwater bungalow. Since it is quite rare and the demand is always high, make sure you book a room in advance far from your D-day.