Travelling can be a moment of healing for your mind. However, long trip might also ruin your body especially your skin. It is important to keep your skin healthy while travelling. Glowing skin means healthy body as well. During your trip, it is easy to forget that your body also needs to be taken care of. You need to keep your body healthy regardless the circumstances of your journey. Lots of people regret their behavior of neglecting their well-being after the trip ends. Sunburns, rough skin, or uneven tan can ruin your mood after the trip ends.
How to keep your skin healthy while travelling
Skin is one of the most important parts of your body. It is the layer protecting your body from any harm such as radiation. During travel, sometimes you forget your skin care routine. Even if you are travelling solo, you must have a need to look presentable with fresh and glowing skin. You must also want to avoid having dry and unhealthy skin after the trip. So here are the tips to keep your skin healthy during your travel:
- The first rule when you are going out is to apply sunscreen. This is the basic thing to do to protect your skin from any harm like harsh weather, sun radiation, or pollution. Every individual has different skin condition but being protected by sunscreen is general rule applied for any type of skin. Sunscreen will help to prevent your skin from unnecessary sunburn which can level up the risk of skin cancer especially for those who have fair skin.
- Make sure your skin is always moisture by applying moisturizing cream. This will help your skin to avoid dryness due to harsh weather, especially pollution. Even when you are travelling to suburb places where pollution is i minimum level, your skin still needs to be moisturized.
- To keep your skin healthy while travelling, you need to keep your body hydrated. Dehydration will not only affect your metabolism but also your skin’s health. When your body is dehydrating, your skin will easy dry. When your skin is dry, it is prone to other skin problems. To avoid your body from dehydration, you need to drink mineral water properly or at least make sure that you fill in your body fluid needs properly.
- It is highly recommended to not drink caffeine too much while travelling. Caffeine can make your body dehydrated easier which can influence your skin as well. Drink something healthy such as juice, smoothies, or coconut water.
- Wear something to protect your skin from direct damages such as hat with wide brim, sunglasses, or clothes with long sleeves. If your trip involves more in outdoor activities, make sure to wear proper outfits. It is better to use loose clothes so your skin can breathe easily. Loose outfits also help to avoid irritation due to sweat trapped on the surface of the skin itself. With proper outfits, you can keep your skin healthy while travelling.