When it comes to the most desired travel destination in Asia, Indonesia is one of them. This country is home to more than 18,000 islands with divergent cultures. It is easy to feel like you are teleporting to a different place when you visit Indonesia. It is such a fun challenge to visit one place to another. There are many interesting places to visit when you travel to Indonesia. You can go to the most modern part of the country to the rawest one. You can visit Indonesia to have a romantic honeymoon or adventurous travel. Besides, access to Indonesia is easy that you won’t find any problem to get there.
Option of transportation to get around Indonesia
For travelers around the world, visiting Indonesia is not a trouble at all. Any type of transportation is available to accommodate you conveniently. Here are transportation options available for your journey to and while in Indonesia to be more enjoyable:
- Air Transportation in Indonesia is relatively inexpensive. Therefore, Indonesia is one of the desired travel destinations by budget travelers or backpackers. You can also opt for Garuda Indonesia and choose economy class with the best service that seems so far from the word ‘economy’. Popular airports that the travelers can fly to are Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Jakarta, Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, and Juanda International Airport in Surabaya.
- Trains are also available in Indonesia so you can get around with ease and convenience. For example, you can travel through main islands in Java by riding java’s extensive railway network. There are different classes available to choose such as Executive or Business. You can go from Jakarta to Surabaya, and even cross to Bali by riding train combined with ferry ride.
- Bus is also available and one of the cheapest public transportations you can take to get around Indonesia. It offers more departure times than the train. It is also the most popular land transportation. Besides, there are tourist attractions which can only be reached by bus. You can book a bus trip directly at the station on the day of your departure. However, there are also few online outlets which allow you to book a trip online.
- Ferry is also one of the most common transportation in Indonesia especially when Indonesia is home to thousands islands connected mainly by passenger boat. You can book a cheap eat in order to across Indonesia’s vast archipelago. If your destination is long, it may take days to cross from port to port.
- There are also other transportations you can take while exploring around Indonesia. For near destinations, you can take taxi or angkot (Indonesian public transportation). Other options include becak (three-wheeled traditional transportation), ojek (motorcycle), or delman (traditional transportation similar to horse-carriage).
Getting around indonesia is not difficult since there are various options of transportation you can use according to your convenience. It is recommended to keep your belonging within your eye-sight to preent from pick-pocketing while you are in Indonesian public transportation.