When you are on diet, you do everything you cold to keep on track. However, is it possible to mishap your diet while traveling? The possibility is high for you to mishap your diet during travel.
Lots of restaurant provides foods which are high in carbs and fat and low in protein. This makes you hard to maintain your diet. As the result, you ruin your diet plan and feel guilty afterwards. In the end, you will no longer able to enjoy the travel and you cannot keep your body in shape like you have planned before.
Tips to stick to your diet while traveling
For some people, successful diet is priceless because it sacrifices many things to achieve the goal. However, dieting during travel is not an easy feat to do.
There are many temptations and challenges around you cannot easily ignore. These tips will help you to stick to your diet even when you are traveling around the around the world.
- Before booking a hotel, try to find the one that has refrigerator or microwave. By having those in your hotel room, you can buy your own groceries and make your own meals. Then, you eat just like when you are at home. Your diet won’t be in danger then.
- Always carry your protein pack wherever you go. Protein bar or protein shakes are easy to carry everywhere. You can add your protein when your meal lacks of it. Protein bar is the most recommended pack to carry since it is simple and you can even put it in your pocket.
- Always carry healthy convenience foods with you when you are traveling. This will help you a lot to stick to your diet while traveling. You can reduce calories you consume as well as save your money from buying unnecessary and unhealthy foods. Convenience foods you can carry are granola, bread, dried fruits, seeds, nuts, tuna, and many more. Those don’t need refrigeration so you can eat them right away when you need.
- You can also ask the server before ordering food from the restaurant. You ask them how they prepare your foods to find out if they put too much oils or butter which will make your food high in calories. You can ask the server to steam or grill your foods instead of frying. It works in many restaurant especially when they have reliable cooks or chefs who are willingly do everything to satisfy their customer and understand the importance of your diet.
- You can also try simple trick by asking the sauces or dressing on the side to your server. Thus, you can control the amount of them you want to put on your foods. Another trick is to ask for substitutions. You can ask your server to substitute fries with salad or veggies. Customizing your meals like this is beneficial to stick to your diet while traveling. Make sure you ask your server in friendly manner so they understand your urgency and not mistaken you from being a rude customer.