Visiting a museum during your trip to a foreign country sounds like a cliché and too mediocre for some people. However, there is nothing wrong from visiting museum in general especially for those who appreciate arts and history. Travelling in Singapore means you will be able to visit iconic museums. This shows that Singapore is not only for futuristic and modern enthusiasts. You can enjoy a leisure and educational days during your visit to Singapore.
Singapore and its iconic museums
The best thing about museums visit in Singapore is that each of them located near to each other. Besides, they are within walking distance from major spots. Thus, you don’t have to travel far to reach museum you want to visit. At least, you can visit two or three museums in the same day. Besides, most of museums in Singapore offer affordable tickets available for students, seniors, and groups. In fact, they offer free admission during special events. Here are iconic museums in Singapore worth visiting while you are in this beautiful country for a trip:
- The National Museum of Singapore is the oldest museum in this country. It is built in 1887. Through this museums you will be able to find cultural interest and patriotic matters. There is also light show onto the side of the white building when evening comes. This event always succeeds to attract the crowds. You can also visit this museum during promotions when free guided tours are arranged.
- Singapore Art Museum is where you can find contemporary and progressive arts. This place is a perfect exhibits. In this museum, you will find modern Southeast Asian art collections. There is no oil paintings here. Instead, other film and experimental media. This museum also offers special promotion where you can get free admission on Friday from 6pm to 9pm.
- Rest Dot Design Museum is for contemporary enthusiasts. This is a place to enjoy contemporary inventions, aesthetics and designs. This is home to masterpieces of world class designers. This place is also popular not only due to its collection but also due to its location which is in Marina Bay, one of major tourist attractions in Singapore.
- Singapore Philatelic Museum this museum is iconic. You may have not heard of philately before. It is a study of stamps and postage history. Thus, this museum focuses on stamps and postal stuffs. Don’t make assumption that this museum will be boring. It is far more interesting that you initially thought. You will find collections of stamps with various history and culture-related photos. You can even personalize your own stamps and take them as souvenirs.
- Asian Civilization Museum is not only a place where you can learn more about cultural histories traced in Singapore but nearly all of Asia. Here you will find beautiful displays while learning more about the region. This is a great place to learn especially for Asian people to know more about their heritage. This museum is situated near Singapore Philatelic Museum, proximately only 15-minute walk.