Travelling to South Korea is rewarding since you can do many activities and find many interesting things. South Korea is the world’s fastest internet speeds provider in the world. The technology in this travel destination has become part of the way people living. There are many distinct foods you can try by the street vendors. Korean people are also friendly and always welcome visitors even from different countries. One of the biggest attractions is Soul, the capital city of South Korea. This is where the busiest city exists and the population density is high. This city never sleeps so you can even find interesting thing to do at night.
What you can do when travelling in Seoul, South Korea
Seoul is a great place for exploring. The transportation is easy to find and even you can go from one place to another by foot. There are many things you can enjoy when exploring Seoul from the side of the culture, history, fashion, and of course the foods. Here are recommended things to do when you visiting Seoul, South Korea:
- If you expect from scenic view from the city, then you can go to Namsan Tower. This is where you can see full view of Seoul city from the high building. It is located at the top of Namsan Mountain. The place has become one of major tourist attractions and it is often mentioned in Korean movies and drama. In Namsan Tower, you will find observation deck, Namsan Cable Car, and elevator ride.
- Shopping is a must thing to do when you visit Seoul. The most favorite location for shopping is Myeongdong. You can simply browse around the stores or buy things you like. There are global brands as well as Korean brands available in Myeongdong. Aside from buying clothes, you can also hunt skin care products in various brands.
- Travelling in Seoul is not complete without food hunting. Not far from Myeongdong, you will find many vendors selling Korean street foods. There are different varieties of food you can try such as Heottok, Kimbap, Korean fish cakes, as well as the infamous Korean fried chicken which is available in various flavors.
- If you are interested to find something more, you can go visiting Itaewon. This is a great place where diversity is so prominent. This place is where most international visitors gather and hang out. There are bars, restaurant, cafes can be found in this place. There is also Antique Furniture Street in Itaewon where you can browse or buy antique furniture and housewares.
- Learn more about South Korean culture by visiting the most famous royal palace, Gyeongbokgung palace. It was built in 1395 and has become one of the major tourist attractions in Seoul. This place consists of massive complex accomplished with unique ornate structures. You can explore the entire place and ask for guide to explain what you want to know. You can join free guided tours in English which is available at 11am, 13pm, and 3.30pm every day.