Bandung is one of the largest cities in Indonesia, specifically in the western side. If you need to refresh your body, mind and soul then Bandung is a great option. Travel to Bandung is affordable and accessible for local or international tourists. There is no need to worry about transport, accommodation or foods. Everything can be arranged without much hassle. Bandung is famous for its natural beauty and decent foods. That’s why it has become one of a must visit destination in Indonesia.
What You Need to Know Before Travel to Bandung
Before visiting Bandung, you need to prepare yourself started from packing necessities to filling in your knowledge.
- Know what you pack – Bandung is a nice place to chill “literally” since the average temperature is less than 25 Celsius degrees and the hilly areas are even lower. Thus, pack warm clothes if your destination is upper hills. If you just stroll around the city, you can wear comfortable clothes like t-shirt and jeans since the temperature is great for relaxing.
- Know where to go –There are thematic parks you can visit during your travel to Bandung, specifically around the main town. The names of the parks are based on the theme such as Taman Film (Movie Park), Taman Musik (Music Park), Taman Jomblo (Single Park), and many more. The parks are equipped with facilities based on the theme.
- Find scenic beauty – Bandung is a place where you can enjoy the natural charms such as hills, mountain, beaches, hot springs, waterfalls, and many more. There are many places you can visit to enjoy beautiful scenery such as Maribaya, Tangkuban Perahu mountain, Kawah Putih, De’Ranch, and many more.
- Learn the culture – Bandung is rich of culture and lots of international tourists find it hard not t learn and enjoy it. You can visit Dusun Bambu if you want to know more about the original culture of Bandung. You can play old instruments, talk to the local, as well as buy souvenir which are handmade.
- Shopping heaven – Bandung is also known as Paris Van Java since it is a home to fashion stuffs. People from other cities often visit Bandung just to buy their favorite brand of clothes. There are many shopping centers to visit. The price is also relatively affordable. Cihampelas Walk, Paris van Java, Bandung Indah Plaza are favorite places for shopping. You can also visit Bandung Electronic Center to buy electronic stuffs such as hand phones and laptops with relatively less expensive price.
- Where to find foods – You can find delicious foods basically everywhere in Bandung. started from ancient cuisine to street foods, you can indulge your stomach throughout your trip in Bandung. Recommended foods to try are Mie Kocok, Bakso, Soto, Nasi Goreng, and Sate. You can also have a decent dine in Kampung Daun or Warung Daweung, thematic dining where you can enjoy variety of foods. For more thrilling experience during your travel to Bandung, you can also visit themed restaurant, Zombie Cafe Bandung where all foods are served in spooky form along with scary diners.